A Shot Blasting Machine is a way of smoothing and cleaning a hard surface by forcing solid particles on the surface of the workpiece at high speeds by using compressed air from the air compressor.
With aggressive blasting, the sand moved against the surface. With Shot blasting, on the other hand, steel shots or glass beads are propelled or moved against a texture. The beads are often made of stainless steel, copper, aluminum, or zinc. In this case, all of these metals are harder than sand, making shot blasting even more effective than its aggressive blasting equivalent.
Portable Abrasive Blasting Machine is a machine that can be movable from one place to another and blasting work can be done easily.
Pressure blasting is also called a portable machine. A pressure blasting cabinet uses a pressurized vessel (portable machine) filled with abrasive media, which is then forced through the blast nozzle.
- 1 What is Shot Blasting?
- 1.1 Spare Parts of Shot Blasting Machine
- 1.2 Types of Shot Blasting Machines available are:
- 1.3 Working of Shot Blasting Machine
- 1.4 Main Components of Shot Blasting Machine
- 1.5 Abrasives Used in Shot Blasting Machine
- 1.6 what is the Shot Blasting Machine?
- 1.7 What is Shot Blasting process?
What is Shot Blasting?
Shot blasting is a resurfacing procedure for concrete, metal, and other industrial surfaces that removes trash and imperfections. Shot blasting is comparable to sand blasting, however, it differs in terms of execution and effectiveness.
Shot blasting is a technique that uses a centrifugal blast wheel to fire high-velocity material, such as steel shot, onto a surface. This removes trash and other particles from the surface. Steel shot, chopped wire, and nutshells are among the shot media that go into a hopper that feeds the blast wheel. Almost anything, from rust to epoxy, can be “blasted” away with the media.
Shot blasting is used to prepare surfaces as well as to clean them. Before painting or coating, a floor or other surface shot blasting is an effective and efficient approach to actually smooth it out.
With an industry-exclusive modular head system, we provide a range of shot blasting equipment that is built for ease of use and maintenance. Any queries you may have concerning shot blasting equipment or the shot blasting process can be answered by contacting us.
Spare Parts of Shot Blasting Machine
|1||Set containing total no. of wheel blades used in the shot blasting machine||8 Set|
|2||Control cage of shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|3||End liner shot blasting machine||14 Nos|
|4||Topliner shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|5||Impeller shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|6||Hub side liner (LH) shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|7||Hub side liner (RH) shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|8||Control cage side liner (LH) shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|9||Control cage side liner (RH) shot blasting machine||6 Nos|
|10||Wheel casing shot blasting machine||1 Nos|
|11||Bare wheel shot blasting machine||2 Nos|
|12||Wheel hub shot blasting machine||2 Nos|
|13||Set containing total no. of Mn tiles installed in shot blasting machine||1 Set|
|14||Set containing total no. of dust collecting bags installed in the shot blasting machine||2 Set|
|15||Endless conveyor belt for shot blasting machine||2 Nos|
Types of Shot Blasting Machines available are:
- SB P7-150
- SB P7-300
- SB P7-500
- SB P7-1000
Working of Shot Blasting Machine
To begin, the shot blasting machine’s hopper is entirely filled with Abrasive (garnet, glass beads, aluminum oxide, and so on) according to the requirements. The abrasive air compressor valve is manually opened after the hopper is entirely filled. The air begins to travel from the air compressor to the air filter, where it is filtered and moisture is eliminated. Another source of air is delivered directly to the hopper, where a mushroom ball is utilized to create pressure inside the hopper.
Air flows from the Air Filter to the Remote Control, which is used to turn on and off the air supply. When the supply is turned on, air continues to flow from the Net Realizable Valve (NRV), which controls the amount of air supplied and prevents air from returning. Pinch Valve receives air from NRV. A pinch valve is a two-way valve used to control or cut off the abrasive flow. The pinch valve receives abrasive from the hopper’s high pressure.
Then there’s the Mixing Tube, which is where air and abrasive are mixed. One end of the hose is attached to a mixing tube, while the other is connected to a nozzle. This high-pressure mixture of air and abrasive flows through the hose and out the nozzle onto the workpiece to be blasted.
Main Components of Shot Blasting Machine
- Air Filter- Prevents contaminants from entering the air compressor, such as dampness.
- Mushroom Ball- The mushroom ball is used to create pressure inside the hopper.
- Net Realizable Valve (NRV): This valve is used to manage the amount of air supplied while simultaneously preventing air from returning.
- Remote Control- The air supply is turned on and off using a remote control.
- Pinch Valve- A pinch valve is a two-way valve that is used to control or cut off the flow of abrasives.
- Mixing Tube- This is where the air and abrasive are mixed together.
- Blasting Holes- These are the holes where the hose pipe connects.
- Shot Blasting Nozzle- This is a device that blasts a mixture of air and abrasive across a material’s surface that has pitting and needs to be repaired as well as protected from corrosion.
Abrasives Used in Shot Blasting Machine
- Glass Beads
- Garnet Sand
- Steel Shots
- Aluminum Oxide
- Steel Grit
- Copper Slag
Application of Shot Blasting Machine
- The majority of shot blasting machines are used to clean painted and unpainted steel.
- Copper slag is extensively used in shipyards and other sectors as an abrasive blasting media to remove paint, corrosion, and other contaminants.
- Shot blasting is now employed in practically every metal-using industry, including aerospace, manufacturing, construction, foundries, shipbuilding, rail, and many more.
Advantages of Shot Blasting Machine
- The portable table is less expensive than a suction machine.
- It can readily transfer from one location to another, allowing us to utilise the equipment while remaining comfortable.
Shot Blasting Machine Manufacturer in India
We are the leading Shot Blasting Machine Manufacturer in India and all over the world and supply shot blasting equipment in all countries. Our mass production increases quality and decreases shot blasting machine price. Shot Blasting equipment differs from sand blasting machines, because sand blasting machine is operated by an air compressor, and the shot blasting machine is operated by a shot blaster wheel.
Every industry that deals with metals, such as foundries, chemical plants, forging plants, petroleum industries, heavy engineering industries, shipbuilding industries, defence organizations, and Indian railways, has become dependent on shot blasting machines to clean and polish metals for surface preparation.
A centrifugal blast wheel blasts media, such as steel shot, at high velocity onto a surface during the shot blasting process. This removes trash and other particles from the surface. Steel shot, chopped wire, and nut shells are among the shot media that go into a hopper that feeds the blast wheel.