Chromium Carbide Powder is a gray powder with a rhombic system structure that is water-insoluble and acid and alkali resistant. Chromium Carbide Powder is a high-melting-point inorganic substance with wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and oxidation resistance at high temperatures (1000-1100oC), and is widely used as a thermal spray material to protect metal surfaces. At high temperatures, Cr3C2 cermet possesses great oxidation resistance.
These chromium carbide thermal spray powders produce a dense, well-bonded, extremely hard coating suitable for fretting and abrasive wear, as well as hard surfacing. These coatings can withstand high temperatures and provide corrosion, heat, and oxidation resistance up to 15000F.
Specifications Of Chromium Carbide Powder
|Screen Size||60~325 mesh|
Advantages of Chromium Carbide Powder
Chromium carbide powder offers a variety of advantages including:
- Good hot gas and corrosion-resistant
- Good thermal shock resistance
- Excellent oxidation
- Extreme hardness
- High ductility
- Low stress and porosity
- Elevated temperature corrosion-resistant
Applications of Chromium Carbide Powder
- Structures and coatings that are corrosion resistant. Valve seats, valve orifices, bearings, and seals are examples of parts and coatings that require oxidation and corrosion resistance.
- Parts and coatings with a wear surface (wear resistant). cyclones, fan blades, turbine blades, liners, chutes, hoppers, and feeders are examples of parts and coatings that are subject to fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion.
- Wire Filler/Welding Rod Using the oxy-acetylene welding method, iron-based wires coated with chromium carbide in an iron-based matrix material produce exceptionally wear resistant deposits.
- Additives – To prevent grain formation during pressing and sintering, our chromium carbide powder is mixed with other sintered carbides.
- High Velocity Oxygen Fuel – Thermal Spray Process (HVOF). Thermal spraying of chromium carbide powders can provide hardface coatings on surfaces that require greater corrosion and wear resistance. Nickel-chromium alloys are frequently used in chromium carbide coatings.
- Powder metallurgical (P/M) is a type of metallurgical process. Sintering and hot or cold pressing are used to form chromium carbide particles into components.
Properties of Chromium Carbide Powder
For chromium carbide, there are three different crystal forms that correspond to the three different chemical compositions. The cubic crystal structure of Cr23C6 exhibits a Vickers hardness of 976 kg/mm2. Cr7C3 is a hexagonal crystal with a microhardness of 1336 kg/mm2 and a hexagonal crystal shape.
Cr3C2, which has an orthorhombic crystal structure and a microhardness of 2280 kg/mm2, is the most durable of the three compositions. As a result, Cr3C2 is the most commonly employed type of chromium carbide in surface treatment.
Chromium Carbide Powder Manufacturer in India
We are the manufacturer of chromium carbide powder at a low price in India for sale. We are also the supplier and exporter of abrasive shot, Steel Shot, SS Shot, Steel Grit, Garnet sand, Quartz shot, Aluminum oxide, glass beads blasting for stainless steel, etc, and a qualitative range of industrial steel abrasive products.
To enable us to quote for your requirement, kindly give us the following info –
1. Particle size required (You may choose from above or give your own range).
2. Packing required.
3. Quantity required with the delivery schedule.
4. Destination port.
5. Payment terms.
6. Discharge rate at the destination, if in break-bulk.
7. Any other point which may impact the quote.
We can also offer ungraded material for shipments in bulk in any quantities as desired by our buyers on FOB or CNF FO basis terms.