Walnut shell blast media is used for blasting. It helps to remove the dust particles and loose particles from the workpiece. The walnut shell is made up of walnut trees Walnut shell media is the hard fibrous product made from ground or crushed walnut shells.
When used as a blasting media, walnut shell media is extremely durable, angular, and multi-faceted, yet is considered a soft abrasive media.
Walnut shell blasting media is an excellent replacement for sand-free silica to avoid inhalation health concerns. Walnut shell is purely natural and nonhygienic media.
Remove by walnut shell blasting media is particularly effective where the surface of the substrate under its coat of paint, dirt, grease, scale, carbon, etc.
Should remain unchanged or otherwise unimpaired. Walnut shell blasting media can be used as a soft abrasive in removing foreign matter or coatings from surfaces without etching, scratching, or marring cleaned areas.
Specification of Walnut Shell Grit
|Specific gravity||1.2 – 1.4|
|Hardness||2.5 – 3.0 on MOHS scale|
The grades sizes for the walnut shell are available in
G-6/10, G-8/12, G-12/20,G-20/30,G-18/40,30/60,G-30/100,G-40/100,G-60/200
The mm size of the walnut shell blasting media is
0.20mm-0.45mm, 0.45mm-1.00 mm, 0.80 mm-1.30 mm, 1.00 mm- 1.70 mm,1.30 mm-1.70 mm, 1.70mm-2.40 mm
It is 100 % natural, so it hasn’t any chemical composition. Walnut shell blast media is very durable and angular in shape and multi-faced. The durability of the walnut shell is very long.
Walnut Shell Blasting
Wheel blast or air blast machinery is used to remove paints and coatings from buildings, cars, boats, furniture, fiberglass, steel, and other materials in walnut shell blasting.
The aggressiveness required to remove hard paints and coatings without destroying substrates is provided by walnut shell blasting. The procedure also allows for selective coating removal, which allows for the removal of the top coating without harming the underlying coatings.
A variety of elements play a role in blast operations, including safety, sand blasting nozzle distance, media particle size, and p.s.i. Walnut shell blasting is a great alternative to sand blasting since it does not induce silicosis.
Walnut Shell Blasting Uses & Advantages
- Available in English and Black Walnut Shell grades
- Preserves base, primer & gel-coats while removing top coats of paint
- Long-lasting, re-usable, reduces cycle time of finishing operations in sand blasting machine, air blasting and tumbling operations
- Selective coatings removal, preserves microfinishes, replaces sand blasting to avoid problem of silicosis
- Used to remove paint & coatings from boats, buildings, bridges, outdoor statues, cars and for graffiti removal
- Aircraft engine clean-out, steam turbines and mold cleaning
- Deflashing and deburring parts, thermosets, plastics & die casting
Applications of Walnut Shell Grit
- Soft, will not cause pitting (excellent for jet engine parts, turbines, pistons, etc.)
- Excellent for deflashing and deburring
- Excellent for wheel blasting, air blasting, and tumbling, graffiti removal, steam turbines, mold cleaning, engine clean-outs, log home blasting, boat blasting
- No risk of Silicosis
- Long Lasting
- Oil and Water Resistant
- Allows the base/primer to be preserved while the top coats of paint are removed (excellent for aircraft carriers, submarines, boats.) You can use coarser sizes like a 12/20 for steel boat hulls, but you may want to use something finer like a 30/100 or even a 40/100 for really fragile fiberglass hulls.
Walnut shell blast media for sale in India
We are the leading manufacturer of Walnut shell blast media in India and also offer a wide range of products at a low price in India. We provide the best quality steel shots, copper slag, aluminum oxide, steel grit, and many more abrasive media.
Our Packaging & Shipping Details
Usually sold by the pallet or 2,000 lbs. (40, 50lb bags.) with multiple shipping points. You can, however, buy single (45 lb) bags of a very limited number of grit sizes, at the top of this page. Please email us for a custom freight quotation on orders over 250 lbs. We will need to know your ship-to address, and whether or not you have a loading dock on your end to receive the media.
- 50lb bags, 40 bags per pallet. 2,000 lbs per pallet.
- Minimum Order: One full pallet. You can, however, buy single bags of 45 lbs, of a very limited number of grit sizes, at the top of this page.
NOTE: Single bags are now 45 lbs! We are no longer shipping single 50 lb orders, due to UPS charging large fees for packages that weigh over 50 lbs.
- 2,000 lbs super sacks, one sack per pallet.