The glass bead is the abrasive media used generally in the shot blasting machine and the abrasive blasting machine glass bead is used for the white shining finish on the low hardness alloy like aluminum and steel and others.
Glass beads are found in many mesh sizes and the grade the size and the grade depend on the application of the user glass bead used in the portable, suction, pressure blasting but it is not used in the airless shot blasting machine. It is also used in glass etching and granite engraving machine.
The best results are reached during a, therefore, referred to as a two-stage method. The surface is initially treated by sharp-edged abrasives – mineral or mineral. The surface is unified and cleansed from any dirt, oxides, heat tint once attachment, and light-weight surface inconsistencies.
At this stage, treated parts gain an opaque look. Once the blasting method the surface is at risk of scratches or dirt as a result of the fine sharp-edged relief. This can be the rationale why the blasting itself is employed solely as pre-treatment before coat painting. So as to keep up the metal surface, it’s polished by glass beads within the second stage of the method.
This stage makes the sharp A-one of the surface spherical and merchandise gain a nice fabric look, that additionally lowers the visibility of any potential injury, scratches, smaller defects once attachment, grinding, or spot attachment. Product surface once glass bead blasting is incredibly elegant due to the soft, satin look at the same time, it raises product´s corrosion resistance.
For sharpening of the surface glass or ceramic beads are used (see examples). Individual materials slightly dissent in color and hardness. They are equipped during a big selection of sizes; so, to an excellent extent, it’s attainable to influence the ultimate look of a production.
Specifications of Glass Beads
|Designation||US Sieve||Inches Max||InchesMin||Microns Max||MicronsMin||Min %Round|
Application of Glass Beads
Decorative surface treatment of parts made from chrome steel and noble materials.
It is used particularly for the following materials:
- Stainless steel – final surface treatment.
- Aluminum parts – before anodal oxidation or coat painting by clear coat paint.
- Other non-ferrous metals – brass, bronze, copper.
- Pre-treatment before galvanization – nickel and chrome painting.
- Glass Beads are a round, spherical media that produce a softer and brighter texture.
- Glass Beads are used for blasting, peening, honing, cleaning, and light deburring.
- Mesh Size / Grade is a versatile approach to abrasive media blasting that offers an attractive satin finish and works for a variety of purposes.
- It uses lead-free soda lime-type glass in rounded ball shapes.
- Part of glass bead blasting’s appeal lies in the smooth, bright finish it creates that differs from the matte look of more angular abrasives.
- If you have a particularly tough material, glass beads may take a little longer to get the job done. They also will not provide any etch to the surface.
Advantages of Glass Bead Blasting
- Removing rust, paint and scale
- Cosmetic finishing
- Removing calcium deposits
- Polishing materials like cast iron, stainless steel and aluminum
- Preparing metal surfaces for painting and powder-coating
Glass Bead Blasting
Glass Bead blasting is the process of removing surface deposits by applying fine glass beads at high pressure without damaging the surface. It is used to clean calcium deposits from pool tiles or any other surfaces, remove embedded fungus, and brighten the color. It is also used in work to remove paint.
In removing paint for auto bodywork, bead blasting is preferred over sand blasting, as sand blasting tends to create a greater surface profile than bead blasting in a sand blasting machine. Bead blasting is often used in creating a uniform surface finish on machined parts. It is additionally used in cleaning mineral specimens, most of which have an of 7 or less and would thus be damaged by sand.
Glass Beads Manufacturer in India
We are the leading manufacturer, exporter, and supplier of Glass Beads in India. We also provide all kinds of abrasive materials such as aluminum oxide, copper slag, cut wire shots, etc with our best machines like shot blasting machine, grit blasting machine, & sand blasting machine. Our company provides our excellent and fully satisfying service in different countries such as Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, & South Africa.