Silicon carbide is basically a ceramic material. Silicon carbide has an unpackable hardness factor, which makes silicon carbide a prolific popular abrasive. Silicon carbide is only surpassed by diamonds. Somehow silicon carbide can also be surpassed by cubic boron nitride and boron carbide. As silicon carbides have relatively low cost and superior hardness, thus silicon carbide is also a cost-efficient abrasive.
It can also be employed as a solid abrasive material in a very vast range. Silicon carbide tools are consistently used in grinding steel and cast iron. Silicon carbide can also be used to cut carbide, aluminum, and nonferrous materials, somehow silicon carbide is also employed to cut plastic and rubbers.
Silicon carbide because of its hard action is commonly used to create a smooth and shiny surface. Abrasive blasting machine is a new step towards innovation in the field of sand blasting.
It is well suited for almost all kinds of polishing surfaces. Silicon carbide is also preferred for softer materials as per its workability factor.
Silicon carbide is also employed with various types of lapping and also silicon carbide is used to create smooth, flat, and also with unpolished surfaces. Silicon carbide is also a prolific semiconductor that contains silicon and carbon in it.
Specifications of Silicon Carbide
|Packaging Size||40 Kg|
|Packaging Type||PP Bag|
|Molar Mass||40.11 g/mol|
Grit Sizes Available
|Standard ANSI grit||European (P-Grade)||Median Diameter (microns)||Surface Roughness on Steel, Rc 30 (Ra –nm)|
What is silicon carbide Used for?
- Silicon carbide abrasive media can also be employed as solid abrasive material in a very vast range.
- Silicon carbide abrasive media tools are consistently used in grinding steel and cast iron.
- It can also be used to cut carbide, aluminum and nonferrous materials.
- somehow silicon carbide abrasive media is also employed to cut plastic and rubbers.
- It is majorly used in the coated industry.
- Used in the sand blasting machine of nonferrous metals, plastic, glass, fibrous wood and enamels.
- Used as a cutting tool through the prolific toughness and hardness of silicon carbide.
- This abrasive media is also employed in grinding.
- This is used with nonferrous metals, pipework, construction and welding.
- Used in the grinding in foundry and metallurgy markets.
General Applications of Silicon Carbide
- Dark wood parts tumbling / sanding
- Rock and stone polishing
- Concrete additive to ‘sparkle’ in light
- Abrasion resistance
- Slurry polishing
- Edge rounding in tumbling
- Wet and dry barrel tumbling
- Etching and carving of hard metals and glass
- Stone, glass, and metal engraving
- Prepping surfaces for high-performance coatings
- High-performance etching and frosting
- Micro-blasting on glass and metal
Benefits of Silicon Carbide Grit
- High purity with minimal contaminants
- Highly durable and reusable
- Long lasting
- Very fast cutting action
- Very heavy to light etching on multiple types of surfaces
- Contains minimal magnetic content
- Available in a wide/ grit sizes
- Lighter than metallic with a denser blast stream
- Silica free
Silicon Carbide Manufacturers in India
We are a leading silicon carbide manufacturer in India. We manufacture silicon carbide as per the standards set by legal and international authorities. We also manufacture and export abrasive grits such as copper slag, white aluminum oxide, plastic media abrasive, quartz sand, abrasive garnet sand, and many more at a low price in India.
We are special because we offer:
- Supreme quality minerals
- Competent affordable prices
- Strict Quality checks
- Assured customer satisfaction
- Fast delivery
- Excellent after sales services
- Attractive discounts for regular customers